pic

pic
fam

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy Birthday boys




Happy Birthday boys!

I can't believe it has been two years since you were born! Two years ago today you were born at 29 weeks, 11 weeks before we were ready to met you. BUT, God had that day planned out perfectly! Everything was in perfect timing. First, it happened on a Saturday. Any other day of the week and I probably would not have gone to the hospital as soon as I did and I would have probably waited until the doctors office opened to call, all of which would have been to late and we could have all died. Dad was home and insisted I call the doctor at 6am. Thank you God. Next, the doctor on call was just the perfect doctor. He knew me and knew that I never complained of pain and that if I was calling I had better get in right away (even though I didn't think the pain was that bad at first). By the time I got to the hospital the pain was so intense I could not stand or walk. The doctor was there in my room right away and God gave him the wisdom to know what was going on. He told me later that as soon as he saw me and I told him the pain was getting worse even though they dosed me up with morphine that he was very worried about what was happening because he knew what it probably was. He also told me later that he was nervous the whole time because if he was wrong and he delivered the boys at 29 weeks, he knew that their lives would be at risk. The doctor told me that I was the first one they had in their practice to have a ruptured uterus that didn't happen during labor, that happened in the middle of a healthy pregnancy. So, he wasn't sure that's what it was. But, God gave him the courage to make the decision and stand firm when Tim was questioning him (even though the whole time he was also wondering). God saved my life that day and the lives of you boys and we have been blessed by you both. Thank you Lord for the doctors and nurses in the NICU that day. Thank you Lord for friends to help with Ellie, and friends who came to the hospital to be with Tim during my emergency C-section so he would not have to be alone, and friends who prayed for my life and the lives of my boys. Thank you for two healthy boys!


First picture: Zander at 3lbs




Connor at 2lb 13 oz


1 comment:

TheHappyNeills said...

what an incredible story of God's protection! wow!
-kendra