pic

pic
fam

Thursday, August 9, 2012

21 years married, 24 years together

In the last 24 years God has had us on a journey that neither one of us could have predicted. And I'm SO glad I get to be on that journey with my best friend! 


This was our very first date. This was my sophomore end of year banquet. ( I went to a private school so we didn't have dances.) From that very first date we stayed together. Our very first movie together was "Willow" :)

We lived in Alaska when we met. Nice snow suit and boots. :)

We got married August 3, 1991 in Anchorage, Alaska


outside our first apartment

Graduation from Oregon State. 
After Oregon state it was on to Syracuse, New York for law school. 

Graduation from Syracuse Law School
After law school we moved south to North Carolina. 
Then, after 13 years of marriage we had our first child. When we got married I never ever wanted kids. God changed my heart BIG time. :)
First pregnancy with our precious little Ellie girl.

Second pregnancy with twin boys

Then, God called us to adopt a precious little girl from Uganda. I recall telling Tim when we were younger that he never had to worry about taking me to Africa because I never had any desire to go there. Now I want to go all the time! 

Our wonderful crazy family that God has blessed us with.
 Starting out our lives together in Alaska, we would never have guessed we would end up in North Carolina! God has a sense of humor, that is for sure! I never wanted kids, never wanted to go to Africa, never wanted to drive a mini van, never wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, and certainly didn't want 4 kids. I'm sure there was a lot more that I said "never" about and God just laughed and said "we'll see." :)



No comments: