
Happy Fathers Day.
Yes, I know it is not quite Father's Day, but I want to take the time to honor three fathers in my life. I want to take the time to do each one separately. So first, I will start by writing a letter to my dad.
Dear Dad,
I wish we could be there with you on Father's Day. I wish we lived close by so we could visit you anytime. I am so glad you are my father. Thank you for all you have done for me. Thank you for taking me to AWANA's every Tuesday night and for taking me out for ice cream afterwards (even though it was probably near zero degree's outside). Thank you for loving my husband like he was your own son. There are so many things I could thank you for, but most of all, thank you for taking me to church and teaching me about our Lord.
My heart breaks for the pain and suffering you have had with your Parkinsons. I do not know why the Lord has given you this path in life, but I do trust in the Sovereignty of God. I know you will be healed, even if it is not on this earth. I pray for you everyday that you will feel the presence of the Lord, that you will feel His amazing love for you, that He would keep you close to Him. God never said that we would not face trails or great pain in life, but He did promise that He would be there with us through it all. This world is temporary and our rewards in Heaven are eternal.
On this Fathers Day I want you to know that you are loved very much and I feel truly blessed that you are my father.
Love
Kim



1 comment:
Kim, I just read your Happy Father's day post to Dad, it was very touching and brought me to tears. I know your Dad is suffering, there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him numerous times. I do not understand a reason for his suffering, certainly he does not deserve it! It is very difficult to deal with the guilt of being able to function during my day and then to remember him not being able to move. I still love your father, and even though I think we a terrible miss match, I still consider him to me my soulmate that was meant to be.
Love Mom
Post a Comment