pic

pic
fam

Thursday, July 3, 2008

1st Dentist trip





This is Ellie's first dentist trip. What a disaster!!!! (These pictures do not show how bad it was). Ellie had been crying the past couple of days saying that her tooth hurt. So, I called a dentist and got her an appointment before the 4th holiday. They needed to take x-rays because the dentist could not see anything that would cause her pain in the spot she was complaining about. After 30 minutes of screaming and crying and refusing to cooperate (even a little hitting and kicking), they asked if we would allow them to restrain her so they could get the photos (which they really needed). So they brought out a stretcher and strapped her arms, legs, and then wrapped the blanket around her, then they had to use a tool to pry her mouth open. Tim tried holding her, showing her how he did an x-ray, he put one in his mouth, (she didn't even have to bite down on it, they just wanted to hold it near the tooth), they let her hold one and put it in her mouth, but she still refused to cooperate. I can't beleive we had to go through so much and then after it was all over she said her tooth didn't hurt anymore. And they didn't see anything on the x-ray that would cause concern. They said her teeth looked great. On the way out she saw a girl getting her teeth cleaned and she said "look mommy, she is not crying." She was also excited because they had a tooth brush like the one Aunt Tami uses. I asked her if she wanted them to use that on her and she said yes. So I scheduled a cleaning for her in August and I am going to get some books at the library about going to the dentist, so stay tuned...

No comments: