pic

pic
fam

Monday, December 13, 2010

Disney Day 2- Animal Kingdom

On the second day we went to Animal Kingdom. I had no idea what Animal Kingdom was, but I thought it would be more like a zoo. Well, it wasn't. Most of the animals we saw were on the safari ride through Africa. There were rides and a dino play area with  huge slides for the kids.



The tree at the entrance was decorated with animal ornaments


Tree of life


getting ready for our safari ride. This ride was really bumpy, but not as bumpy as the real thing in Africa :)


One of the trees on the safari ride


some giraffe's


Cheetah's. Didn't see these in Africa :)


Lioness




Some fish and hippos


The gorillas were fun to watch



Pictures and autograph with Pocahontas


Madison didn't want to turn her back on him



Jimmine cricket


Freezing our tushie's off :)


We went to a lion king performance


At the end, a performer came up in the stands and asked my kids if they wanted to go down front and walk around. Zander immediately wanted to go and I was so proud of him. He is so shy and I never imagined that he would go willingly.  Ellie and Madison jumped at the chance to go. They were so cute!



Then we went to dino land.



This was a gated play area for the kids. See the big yellow slide in the background? They had several slides and the kids LOVED playing in here.


Madison with her favorite person. :)


No comments: